Terms and Conditions of entry
By submitting an entry, you have agreed to our Terms and Conditions below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entrants must be registered businesses that are trading in the United Kingdom, and the manufacturer of the bread loaf entered. Employees of the Organiser, their families, agents, or anyone professionally connected with the Competition are not eligible to enter. This is a competition for registered businesses only and is not for home bakers or hobbyists. Any bakery businesses including farm shops, delis and cafes are eligible to enter
- If a bakery has won the overall ‘Britain’s Best Loaf’ award the previous year, they are unable to enter the competition in any category for the following year.
- If a bakery has won a category in the previous years’ Competition, they are unable to enter the same category the following year. However, the bakery can enter another category with a different product.
- Entries will only be accepted if the entrant has registered, completed, and submitted the online entry form no later than Monday 20th March 2023.
- Entrants can submit a maximum of five products per category. Entrants cannot submit the same product across multiple categories. All bread loaves must be commercially available on Tuesday 25th April 2023.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged, or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Entries must be submitted by the person responsible for the entry and to whom all correspondence concerning the Competition should be addressed.
- Bread loaves being entered for the Competition must be delivered in person to the Farm Shop & Deli Show on Tuesday 25th April 2023 as instructed by the organiser.
- The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject any entry that it deems inappropriate.
- Bread loaves must be submitted as directed by the organiser and be in date for consumption on Tuesday 25th April 2023.
- Winners will be announced at The Farm Shop & Deli Show 2023. The winner in each category will be presented with a trophy.
- The organiser reserves the right to change the categories and the judging panel without prior notice to entrants.
- The Organiser’s decision on all matters affecting this Competition is final and legally binding.
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries will become the property of the Organiser and will not be returned.
- Entrants may be required to take part in some pre-event and post-event publicity and consent to their name and photographs (including photographs supplied by the entrant) being used for such purposes.
- Entrants who notify the organiser in writing that they wish to withdraw their entry prior to Monday 20th March will receive a full refund of their entry fee. Entrants withdrawing after that date will not receive any refund.
- Entries will become the property of the organiser and will not be returned. Any bread not used in judging or at the event but still fit for human consumption will be donated to charities.
- If entrants provide any images as part of their entry, they confirm that they hold the necessary rights, consents and licences required to use, amend, edit, adapt and publish the images by the Organiser. Each entrant hereby grants to the Organiser a worldwide, non-exclusive royalty-free right and licence to use, reproduce, publish, store, distribute and display the images in accordance with these Terms of entry.
- By entering the Competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of the Competition and any other purposes to which the Entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
- The Organiser and Data Controller is William Reed Ltd, Broadfield Park, Crawley RH11 9RT.
- All entries must conform to category criteria page. Otherwise, face being disqualified with no refund.